CPSM's activation follows of the deactivation of the PNP Program Management Office (PNP PMO). The PMO was established in 2005 to oversee the implementation of the then-newly launched PNP Integrated Transformation Program (ITP). PMO served as a dynamic unit performing strategy management, project management, resource mobilization and events management. After six fruitful and remarkable years, the PNP-PMO now gives way to the CPSM.
Under the PGS, CPSM's mandates are to:
- Oversee the implementation of the PNP PATROL PLAN 2030: "Peace & Order Agenda for Transformation and Upholding of the Rule-Of-Law";
- Integrate all strategy management processes, sustaining strategy execution & management, and instilling a culture of strategic focus;
- Identify & recommend key priorities and strategic issues to the C,PNP;
- Assist & advise PNP Units in selecting targets & identifying strategic initiatives;
- Facilitate integration & coordination of programs, projects & activities across functions & offices to align strategies & manage execution;
- Cascade the PNP PATROL PLAN 2030 and Agency Scorecard down to the lowest level;
- Develop a comprehensive Communications Plan & education process focused on developing common understanding and ownership of the strategy & to generate commitment & support from all stakeholders;
- Establish & facilitate the process of identifying, documenting & sharing lessons-learned & best practices that can be replicated;
- Oversee the review, evaluation and validation & timely reporting of Balanced Scorecard Measures, in collaboration with the Technical Working Group (TWG) and the National Advisory Group on Police Transformation and Development (NAGPTD); and
- Establish a monitoring and accountability mechanism for the implementation and execution of PNP PATROL PLAN 2030.